Getting your projection set up correctly takes time. Brian Kim has put together diagrams & specs of all our projectors. Set up your project early so you have time to chose the right projector & troubleshoot. There are very few places where projectors can be ceiling mounted so plan alternatives ahead of time.
Pick the right projector for your project:
- If you are planning on projecting on a wall you can use one of the regular classroom projectors. For a smaller video sculpture piece the little Samsungs might do the trick.
- Does the projector have a zoom or do you need it to be set in exactly the right position?
- what are the lighting conditions in the place your work will be seen - how bright does your projector need to be?
- Make sure you can read the menus easily (flip the hor. or vertical settings if necessary).
- Set to the correct aspect ratio (4:3 or 16:9).
- Play with the keystone feature until you have clean right angles in all four corners.
- Look at some of the footage you will be using and play with the color/hue/brightness settings to see what works best for your work.