All ITP Announce Messages are archived here – http://itp.nyu.edu/help/announce/
Just a couple clarifications as I have seen a lot of nervous 2nd years on the floor the last two days.
The Japanese Room setup will include the following:
15.4″ MacBook Pro [Intel Core 2 Duo w/ 2GB ram] with the following software:
Adobe Creative Suite
Adobe Acrobat Pro
There will also be:
• Guest connections with every Apple/PC dongle ever made if you prefer to go off your own laptop
• A Kensington slide remote for Keynote/Powerpoint
• A table top setup with camera for demonstrations of table top or podium sized objects
• A demo area for SMALL installations or live demos
• Bring files on external hard drives, flash drives, cd/dvd media or have your files accessible via the network
• Video files should be saved as Quicktime files, please don’t bring vcr or mini-dv tapes
• Stick to the 1024×769 resolution as a standard resolution. The projector can handle higher resolutions if necessary. Do not exceed 1280×1024.
• Load up your files on the setup the night before or morning of your presentation. There is often not enough time to load in during the 4-5 break if you are presenting in the evening. Don’t stress yourself out by showing up 15 minutes before the session hoping to wing it.
• See me the night before, morning before or during the 4-5 break to go over the setup, installation/demo space, field trip to make sure all goes smoothly.
If you need:
• A different tech setup [i.e. a 3D machine, software not listed, etc], or
• To set up a large installation for a field trip
You should have filled out the form found here:
Best of luck,
ps: Don’t psych yourself out and don’t over rehearse, eat breakfast and get a good night’s sleep :)
ITP/Interactive Telecommunications Program
Tisch School of the Arts
New York University