The ReedBox is constructed using an array of reed switches each paired with an LED indicator. Users control the device by placing magnets on the surface of the box. This unique method of interaction lends itself to a myriad of applications.
There are currently five applications developed for this device:
1. ReedMusic: A chime-like tone generator
2. ReedParticles: A physics-based particle manipulator
3. ReedImage: An interactive photo gallery based on a chosen color combination
4. ReedDrums: A drum sequencer
5. ReedGame: A simple video game