Thursday May 17, 2012
ITP Graduating Students: due to popular demand ITP Grad Launch is back! It is set for Thursday, May 17, 2-7 pm. We are still in the planning stages so the exact timings and session topics are still being updated and added — please keep checking back. Please sign up for your preferred choices by adding a comment. Refreshments and a light dinner will be served. Thanks and see you there! As a reminder, this event is an opportunity for ITP alumni and industry professionals to exchange tips for making a living with our new 2012 ITP graduates. We hope the ITP Community can learn about typical paths, challenges, rewards, funding opportunities, lowering overhead, customs, titles, salaries, interview techniques etc. ITP grads go in many different, often pioneering directions after graduation. To keep this event relevant we have put together a wide range of topics for sessions to come directly from the people working in the fields and the graduating students who want to go there.
Invited Speakers for May 17 Grad Launch so far include:
- Eli Kuslansky of Unified Field on breaking into the fileld of Exhibition Design and Media Architecture
- “VC 101″ Panel, Hosted by Frank Rimalovski of NYU’s Innovation Venture Fund
- Debbie Hankin, Recruiter on interviewing for the job of your dreams
- Marina Zurkow and Gabe Barcia-Colombo
- Marko Tandefelt (ITP alum), Technical Director, Eyebeam
- Joe Walker (ITP alum), founder Ozmott Inc.,and Yasser Ansari (ITP alum), founder of Noah Project, on starting a new venture
- IP Attorney Charles Fish of Perkins Coie
- Attorney Vivian Chen of Chen + Lahey
- Michal Pasternak, Partner, User Experience, HUGE Inc.
- Ted Hayes (ITP Alum) on Freelancing for a Living
PLEASE make sure to RSVP for talks you are interested by adding your name to the comment section of that particular talk!
You must REGISTER on the site first using your netID/password. Then you can RSVP for the specific talks you want to attend. Thank you!
If you have questions or want to become more involved in this event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.