Intro to Physical Computing Syllabus
Research & Learning
Other Class pages
ITP Help Pages
Tom's pcomp site
DanO's pcomp site
Power Tool Check List
- Never use a tool without someone else in the shop.
- Never use a tool you haven't been trained on, or which you are uncomfortable using.
- Never use a tool when fatigued, or under the influence of any drugs (including cold medicines, etc. that make you drowsy, or hyperactive
- Never walk away from a tool that is in motion or in mid-cycle. The machine should be still and the switch should be in the OFF position.
- Adjusting guards or measuring material should not be done while the machine is running.
- Certain power tools will only be available when a lab assistant is on duty. If you need to use that tool and have been trained on it, and it is not available, contact the lab assistant.
- Power to the tools is turned off at 11 PM. Do not ask a staff member to leave the tools on late for you.
- Always wear proper clothing when using power tools (no open toed shoes, no loose clothing that will catch in the moving parts).
- Do not wear gloves when operating power tools.
- Always tie long hair back when using power tools.
- Always use goggles when using power tools. If the tool is very loud, use ear protection too.
- Never use noxious chemicals or aerosols in the shop. Spray paint outside or elsewhere.
- Never use a damaged tool. If a tool is damaged, report it immediately and have a staff member mark it as damaged. If there are no staff members around, please mark the tool yourself
- Use power tools in the power tool area only. Close the door to lessen noise whenever possible.