- Each project will have 20 minutes.
- We will take a short 1-2 minute break between each presentation to allow for set-up time.
- The critique will be in four parts
- 1. Project introduction (30 seconds)
- You may not explain your project in advance.
- However, you may say two things: (1) project title and (2) concrete facts about what is missing from this particular presentation.
- Examples of things you may say:
- There will be performers walking through the audience in green costumes
- There will be three trampolines and dancers jumping on them.
- The audience will receive IR wands.
- This is only 2 minutes long and does not include a 1 minute ending with images of doves flying on the wall.
- Examples of things you may not say:
- This project is about an alien invasion.
- This piece is meant to be a study of time and synchronization.
- The audience should jump and wave their wands around.
- This is only 2 minutes long and does not include a 1 minute ending about peace on earth.
- 2. Project demo (~3 minutes)
- 3. Questions (~5 minutes)
- The guests and class can ask some clarification questions about your project
- 3. Critique / Discussion (~10 minutes)
- General discussion. The presenters should speak as little as possible so as to maximize the amount of time for feedback and reactions.
Critique Session Schedule
- You should be signed up for one Friday. Not both! I have already created the schedule so you don't need to edit it. If you aren't happy with your time, let me know and I'll facilitate any switches.
- You should be signed up for one Thursday. Not both! The Thursday you sign up for should be the day before your Friday presentation. The point is you have Thursday to prepare your files for critique the next day.
Critique Session on Friday, Nov 4 (ALL STUDENTS MUST ATTEND)
- Guests: Danny Rozin, Nancy Hechinger, Marina Zurkow
- 12:30 -- Team Dollhouse: Diana/Emily/Kate
- 12:50 -- Team Rainbow: Arielle/Avery/Liza
- 1:10 -- Team M (Miguel/Margaret)
- 1:30 -- BREAK
- 2:00 -- Team Coffin: Catherine/Gabriella
- 2:20 -- Team Kiss: Koo/Nara
Note Time Change! Prep on Wednesday, November 2 (Signup for a slot to prep for your Friday presentation)
- 1:00 - 3:00 (watchout possible, Dan not available, teaching ICM, residents TBA)
- Margaret & Miguel
- gabriella and catherine
- 3:00 - 5:00 (watchout possible)
- Avery + Liza + Arielle
- Emily + Diana + Kate
- 5:00 - 700
- 6:00 - 8:00 (no watchout)
- Extra time for all projects to see nighttime conditions, please sign up if you plan to attend
- You cannot debug / install something new during this slot, we won't have time, it's just basically 5 minutes each to run through and see stuff at night
- Emily + Kate + Diana (Team Dollhouse)
- anna/genevieve/doug (team profanity)
- Antonius/Valentina (Team Pool)
- Paragini + Matthew (Team INVASION)
- catherine & gabriella (team coffin)
- Gabriela + Nelson (Team Piņata)
Prep on Thursday, October 27 (Signup for a slot to prep for your Friday presentation)
- 10:30 - 12:30
- Nelson y Gaby
- 1:00 - 3:00
- 3:00 - 5:00
Critique Session on Friday, October 28 (ALL STUDENTS MUST ATTEND)
- Guests: Georgia Krantz, Chris Kairalla, Katherine Dillon
- 12:30 -- Team $#@^*#!: Anna/Doug/Genevieve
- 12:50 -- Team Invasion: Matthew/Paragini
- 1:10 -- Team Pool: Antonius/Valentina
- 2:00 -- Team Trampoline: Mimi/Guang
- 2:20 -- Team Pinata: Gabriela/Nelson