- You should be signed up for one Friday. I have already created the schedule so you don't need to edit it. If you aren't happy with your time, let me know and I'll facilitate any switches.
- All students should come to both sessions. This is our "regular" class meeting.
- Because we are doing the sessions at ITP there is no formal "prep" sign-up. However, you should have your project set-up and running on the machines before class on Friday. I will be available Thursday afternoon to help anyone having technical problems with the lounge set-up.
Critique Session on Friday, November 9 at ITP
- Guests: Marina Zurkow, Nancy Hechinger, Mimi, Genevieve, Antonius (and more!)
- 12:30 -- johann and rose
- 12:50 -- phil, danne & fede
- 1:10 -- jihyun & lisa
- 1:30 -- BREAK
- 2:00 -- Amelia & Sarah
- 2:20 -- open
Critique Session on Friday, Nov 16 (at ITP)
- Guests: Georgia Krantz, Katherine Dillon, residents!)
- 12:20 -- Evan&Oya
- 12:40 -- Melissa and Kim
- 1:00 -- mehan & tony
- 1:20 -- Karolina & Jason
- 1:40 -- BREAK
- 2:00 -- DI/Adria
- 2:20 -- alex/amik/roopa
- 2:40 -- amelia/sarah
- Each project will have 20 minutes.
- We will take a short 1-2 minute break between each presentation to allow for set-up time.
- The critique will be in four parts
- 1. Project introduction (30 seconds)
- You may not explain your project in advance.
- However, you may say two things: (1) project title and (2) concrete facts about what is missing from this particular presentation.
- Examples of things you may say:
- There will be performers walking through the audience in green costumes
- There will be three trampolines and dancers jumping on them.
- The audience will receive IR wands.
- This is only 2 minutes long and does not include a 1 minute ending with images of doves flying on the wall.
- Examples of things you may not say:
- This project is about an alien invasion.
- This piece is meant to be a study of time and synchronization.
- The audience should jump and wave their wands around.
- This is only 2 minutes long and does not include a 1 minute ending about peace on earth.
- 2. Project demo (~3 minutes)
- 3. Questions (~5 minutes)
- The guests and class can ask some clarification questions about your project
- 3. Critique / Discussion (~10 minutes)
- General discussion. The presenters should speak as little as possible so as to maximize the amount of time for feedback and reactions.