Friday, Nov 19 Schedule
Loading Projects onto Macs
- Due to a change in IAC's schedule, I am changing how we are going to prepare for the 2:00 PM run-through. You do not need to come to IAC in the morning. Instead you should simply place your files in Dropbox by 10 am Friday morning. I will take care of configuring / copying the apps on the IAC macs. The only exception to this is if you have very large video files that you cannot fit into Dropbox (Aiwen/Neil? Calli?) or if you are using Watchout (Molly,Nisma,Minette). If this is the case, you may come to IAC in the morning to copy your video files.
- Everyone else should simply show up at 12:30 pm for regular class time. We'll do any last minute checks and start a run-through at approximately 2 pm.
What do you need to to put in Dropbox
- Watchout: Have no fear, you just bring your video files to Scott.
- Video: Just your video files. I will provide the OF video player.
- OF or Cinder: Your compiled applications and data folders. Don't forget to zip applications if you put them in Dropbox.
- Eclipse: This is a bit more complicated. You need to export your application from Eclipse by following these instructions: http://itp.nyu.edu/varwiki/BigScreens/FullScreenHacks (you only need to look at the first section). Note only export one application, and then we'll copy it three times for each client machine. Also, make sure you copy your data folder and well as the mpe ini files. Oh, and if you are using the "BigScreensTemplate" make sure local=false and MPE=true. One more thing -- don't forget to zip the application file before you put it in Dropbox. If you get stuck, as long as your Eclipse project is in Dropbox, I can help you do the export.
- When your files are in dropbox, please put a note next to your name as to what they are called. The deadline is 10 am, Friday morning, Nov. 19
- Minette/Nisma -- WATCHOUT
- Molly -- WATCHOUT
- Calli --
- Jason/Lucas -- dropbox/Lucas/11_19_10/Codechine.zip
- Sooyun --dropbox/Sooyun/sooyun.zip
- YoonJu -- dropbox/YoonJu/BigScreens.zip
- Alex/Jeff -- dropbox/Jeff_BigScreens/CamReduxPresent.zip
- Morgen/Patrick --
- Eric -- MikaBigScreensApp.zip
- Nikolas/Tamar -- dropbox/tamar/deploy.zip
- Aiwen/Neil -- dropbox/Aiwen/NOV19/*.mov [2x3 files]
12:30 PM -- Arrive for class
1:45 PM: Run-Through of Show
Sign-up for time to do additional testing
- 3:00 - 4:00 pm
- Alex & Jeff
- Patrick & Morgen
- 4:00 - 5:00 pm
- 5:00 - 6:00 pm
6:30 PM Additional evening run-through
- This run-through is not required if your project ran smoothly in the afternoon. However, it's likely you'll want another chance as well as to see what things look like at night. Note this run-through will be without Scott so we won't be able to control sound levels and no WATCHOUT pieces will be viewable. Please e-mail me if you do not plan to attend.