The Seven Stages of Big Screens
- There is also a new example in DropBox: BigScreensIACTemplateDropBox.zip which has all the resolution settings and boolean variables for testing locally on your laptop as well as on the 6 screens.
- Hello World Eclipse!
- A Processing sketch built in Eclipse and shared with DropBox
- Hello World 11520x1080
- Design a sketch that is 1920x540.
- Bring that sketch to the 3 screen set-up and expand it to 3840x1080 on all machines
- Use these tricks to get it full screen: Processing Full Screen Hacks
- Hello World 6 Screens MPE
- This is your first multi-window application. Make something simple that runs locally with two windows, for example two 320x480 make a total resolution 640x480.
- Adapt the sketch to run on the screens in the lounge. Try one client first (two LCD monitors). Then two (four LCD monitors). Then go to 6 screens. It helps to make strong use of the aspect ratio (i.e. anything with horizontal movement is good.) This should be really really really really really simple! Just prove that it works!
- Your 6 Screen Baby
- Make a single screen prototype of your project (keeping it very simple, do not program everything you want, just the basics.)
- Take a single screen prototype of your project and run it on 6 screens using MPE. There should be no real-time data or interaction, this is a prototype that fakes these real time elements.
- It's alive
- Incorporate your real-time data / interaction with your single-screen prototype.
- Incorporate your real-time data / interaction with the 6 screen system. Be highly conscious of the limits of the system!
- Finish it up
- Tweak design and functionality over and over and over again until you are done.
- Show the world!