So it recently occurred to me that I haven’t posted all of the homework assignments that demonstrate the things that I’ve learned in Always On, Always Connected up to this point in the semester. I’ll attempt here to show off some of the stuff that we’ve done so far:
Weeks 1, 2, and 3: Luisa and I collaborated on working on a project that we called Document It! It ended up incorporating all of the things that we worked on in the first three weeks: working with layouts, creating and switching between different activities and views, displaying video and images, toast messages, and so on. Working on it was a struggle at first, but we eventually began to get the hang of things.
Speaking of that midterm (and of Weeks 6 & 7), for its creation I also ended up hooking a database to the app and making the website responsive so that it could easily translate across web and mobile. I enjoyed doing that, but what I’d really like to do is wrap the objects coming in from the database in Java code so that they’ll be more flexible to work with (but that will be embellished come finals).
And now I’ll jump back to Week 5. I spent this week just playing around with the canvas.draw. I was actually pretty unsuccessful and I couldn’t get my app to show anything, no matter what I tried to draw (I’ll show some pictures of my code below in case it elucidates why), but the truth was that around this point I was still enthralled by the webview + database capabilities, so when it didn’t work I switched over to working on that stuff more.
We’ll see where things go from here!