Here is some documentation of testing out our sensors, LEDs, and circuit before we put it all together.
Once again I did not have all the parts (accelerometer) for the lab so i had to make due with the kit switch, potentiometer, and an FSR:
It took me some time for the principles of serial communication to set in. But after a few errors I eventually got both the “handshake” and the “comma separation” methods to communicate with the Processing Sketch. (Videos are all screen grabs from my slow computer so some of them are glitchy).
I also later on used these sketches to test out some stretch sensor values to check its range and responsiveness.
It was pretty responsive but the range is slightly unpredictable, but mapping the vaules to the size of the sketch gave it a sense of stability. I do not yet know how this will affect our musical midterm.