I’m considering two ideas:
1) Design a creative tech school for Montevideo. Look at it from all the angles we’ve considered in class (re-think each assignment). It would be great to share this with some people I know there –directors of programs in schools and galleries, etc. But I’m not sure, they might feel uncomfortable [...]
To make a guesstimate about costs and revenue in a hypothetical maker space in Montevideo, I looked into an example in Santiago:
A summary of the discussion below:
1) Work on projects around subjects that are dear to you.
2) Find people who share this affection. Collaborate.
3) Before judging those who don’t, listen. Listen more carefully.
4) Before criticizing harshly, ask why (ask literally, but also just pay attention).
5) Our minds match patterns automatically. Get [...]
Last summer I started working on a portfolio site that would include not just the concept and result for a project, but also details of implementation, process and future work. Here is a prototype, not very advanced: http://luisaph.herokuapp.com/ (click on “Celluloid” to see the format for a project). The idea was to make it easy [...]
The idea I’m working on (in progress…) is to add Parlor-style reactions to a video as you watch it –”aha”, “agreed”, “huh?”, etc. (another reference for this kind of tagging of reactions: http://canv.as/)
It would be nice to be able to play back only the highlighted parts (or only interesting/confusing/irritating parts), but for this there [...]
Click to Watch
Click to Watch
ITP’s “Rare Grooves Club” was recently turned over to first year students. Mary Fê was one of the volunteers to keep it going this year, and she came in with a proposal to make it more hands on, more experimental, and collaboration and performance-oriented. This group applies many of the things we’ve been [...]
In order to think about this school’s tools, I started by jotting down quickly what learning process it would support. Reading what I just wrote, I realize that creation and learning are becoming harder and harder to separate to me –it looks just like a description of the creative process:
0) Find an environment that [...]
A GitHub for ITP-like projects.
This is an idea that has been in my mind for some time. Versioning and branching (especially public branching) have such great effects that I wonder if it would be possible to extend them to other kinds of media. Of course, code is easier (it’s just text), but I think [...]