Logic is a puzzle game with the aim of educating about the basic building blocks of digital computation: Logic Gates. By playing this game, the player learns about different logic gates (currently: AND, OR, NOT), their different characteristics, and how to use them.
The game chalenges the player with different levels. Each level contains an input binary signal and a desired output. To solve a level the player needs to connect different logic gates in the circuit to get the desired result. To reduce complexity, a color is assigned to each bit of the binary signal, this way the player can track the bits one by one according to their color.
The game was developed as an iPad app using OpenFrameworks.
Final Presentation critique:
- people loved the aesthetics of the game.
- Touch pads that connect the gates were a bit annoying.
- need to make sure the first levels are easy enough for beginners.
- make a better tutorial for the game.
- provide a more appealing end result. Something amazing to happen in the end, when the electricity reaches the desired result.
We want to continue to develop the game and to publish it in the App Strore. For this to happen, we have some work to do:
- Make easy levels. The introductory levels needs to be way more easy. One way to do it is to provide the player a level that already have some components inside. The player needs to change or add one component to make the circuit work.
- Create about a hundred levels.
- Re-work the graphics. There is a large space for improvement in this aspect. Non of us is a designer, we need to collaborate with someone.
- Create an in-game step-by-step tutorials on: general gameplay directions, introducing a new gate to the player.
- Re-work the end result. Needs to be something more appealing. One suggestion that we discussed was safe-breaker.
- Probably many other things that I cannot foresee.