The first week we were told to make a Hobby Horse. We were given some cardboard paper and a stick. Having neglected to bring proper tools, I was left with a dull x-acto, electric tape, and an occasional borrowing of scissors thanks to Lia & Paragini.
The first rendition of my “Unicorn Horse” was exactly as it sounds. I didn’t have much I wanted to add, so I gave it wings. I also touched it up by closing up the holes between the two sides of the face.
I actually learned a little about the way I work through this quick process. I noticed that I tend to not think through my designs, but rather jump headfirst into a design, so I don’t know if I could have managed a complex 3D head. I like spending my time on small touches. (Eg. the mane and the eyelashes.)