Project Development Studio
The ideas I have tossing around in my head, are many. To begin writing about them without having begun to play and see them in reality, is laughable. Presently, my interests can be categorized in this format:
1. My technical interests: making things move. exploring/re-purposing electronic and/or mechanical systems.
2. My aesthetic interests: hand made objects with a poetic sense of materiality and form. Wood tends to be a particular favorite.
3. My conceptual interest: relationships -- I refer to this as a "space between" (objects and objects, people and people and people, people and objects). interiors -- how things work (physically and emotionally). stories -- we all have stories to tell and stories that tell us.
4. My metaphorical interests: elements of sound - noise, interference, rhythm, harmony, music. Circles -- loops, repetition, interdependency, systems.
5. My academic interests: How and why we make the things/devices/tools we make. Our human relationship as people to machine technology -- the myth and the science. The intersections between art and design.
THE ROUGH SCHEDULE:
This schedule maps out my process for both developing and executing an idea(s):
Now to October 4th: I play. I will make many "object sketches" that will be the result of my research/play.
October 4th to October 18th: I will complete an idea. Perhaps this will be developing one of my object sketches.
October 18th to 25th: I will step away. Reflect.
October 25th to November 8th: I will complete another idea.
November 8th to November 29th: complete final project.
November 29th to last day: rework, fix, revise, reflect.
Throughout the semester, I will share thoughts and photos of my work in development as well as writings of my general ideas.