- Rock Health Startup Accelerator Program [Accepting applications]
- Blueprint Health [Accepting applications]
- Novartis Cardio Engagement [Accepting applications]
- Health 2.0 Developer Challenges
- Sanofi-Aventis Data Design Diabetes [Finalists chose]
- [from Doug] A great blog on food & technology run out of Greenpoint. http://www.foodandtechconnect.com
- [from Doug] I found out about some interesting sites including. http://www.realtimefarms.com
- Dan Ariely
- Frontal Cortex by Jonah Lehrer
The Cost Conundrum – Atul Gawande, New Yorker, June 2009
A Billion Little Experiments – Rajiv Mehta (2009). An essay on the power of all the experiments carried out by individuals.
“Reframing Health to Embrace Design of Our Own Well-being”, with Hugh Dubberly, Shelley Evenson, and Paul Pangaro, Interactions, ACM, New York, May-June 2010
“The Data-Driven Life” – Gary Wolf, NY Times, April 2010
Self-Experimentation: A Call For Change from Behaviorism, Vol. 9(1), Spring 1981. Allen Neuringer.
A Behavior Model for Persuasive Design, BJ Fogg, Persuasive Technology Lab, Stanford University, 1999.
The Acceleration of Addictiveness by Paul Graham, July 2010.
- Care and the self: biotechnology, reproduction, and the good life by Stuart J Murray
- Punished by Rewards. The Trouble with Gold Stars, Incentive Plans, A’s, Praise, and Other Bribes by Alfie Kohn
- The Logic of Care: Health and the Problem of Patient Choice by Annemarie Mol
- Being and Well-Being: Health and the Working Bodies of Silicon Valley by J.A. English-Lueck
- Strangers to Ourselves: Discovering the Adaptive Unconscious by Prof. Timothy D. Wilson
- Don’t Shoot the Dog!: The New Art of Teaching and Training by Karen Pryor
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini
- Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us by Dan Pink
- Nudge: Improving Decisions About Health, Wealth, and Happiness by Richard Thaler and Cass Sunstein