(We have to reupload the vimeo cause it looks uh, like shit, for some reason).
I have to say, it turned out pretty well despite odds being against us (a really limited amount of time, trying to animate our character without having him anchored to anything, lack of space, and a constantly glitching out dragonframe).
Gabe gave us some pretty good advice on a re-edit. We should 1) take a closeup of the pepper going into the nose 2) get rid of the snot and 3) show a shot of the pepper flying across the room, have him hit the camera without the snot and slide down without the foggy glass background at the end.
I definitely agree with all of those (in fact, I tried in editing to make a closeup but we just didn’t have a high enough resolution) except for maybe getting rid of the snot…. just cause I love how it looks coming out of the nose. But clearing up the sequence of the sneeze action is definitely important.
Hopefully we have a second to get that done before it shows at school, but if not, we’ll do it over winter break!
Lessons learned: pixelation is way easier than claymation, claymation is way way easier if your object can stand up on its own, and stop-motion take way more time than you can imagine!
I’m now working with GJ on a collage animation. The concept is mostly visual, and may end up as a soundscape sort of thing. We picked up a few $1 books, scanned the images, and are composing the scenes of cutouts from their pattern-y parts. It’s forcing me to finally figure out photoshop and aftereffects, which, though annoying, I’m really glad to be doing.
A shot of one of the scenes I created: