I am an entrepreneur (with a social tilt), technologist, and user experience designer.
I’m most passionate about creating new technologies and media that allow people to better learn about themselves and the world they live in, and hopefully make better decisions because of it. The world is becoming flooded with information at a dizzying pace, and my goal is to build tools and connected platforms that help people make sense of it all.
I feel fortunate to have lived in a unique time in history where global exploration is relatively unrestricted, at least to the somewhat small world population that can afford it. More than anything else, my international experiences have shaped who I am. I have lived and worked in Canada, the U.S., Australia, Honduras, Bolivia and India. I speak Spanish, but always need to practice more.
I champion entrepreneurship and have always been drawn to how it empowers individuals and drives society forward. I believe we are still in the early stages of the formation of a digitally connected world, and I’m inspired and driven by the possibilities that this wonderful new world presents us – to learn, to grow, and hopefully to find happiness.
- I am the co-founder of Learn It Live, an online learning website that connects people to experts.
- I’m in NYC, pursuing a Master’s in Interactive Telecommunications at NYU. My research interests lie at the intersection of data, UX/UI design, education, and health. I love exploring media and pop culture as well.
- I am a fellow at InSITE, where I work to strengthen the NYC entrepreneurial ecosystem through projects with start-up technology companies and venture capital firms.
- I was lucky enough to work with entrepreneurs in Honduras, India, and Bolivia (where I helped launch a seed and start-up capital program).
- I studied international relations, political science, and economics at the University of British Columbia (yes, it really is that beautiful). My thesis explored how developing nations can create public policy that encourages a healthy entrepreneurial ecosystem. I also wrote quite a bit about civic media and how to get people more engaged in modern democracy.
- I was born and raised in Atlanta, GA, and will always consider myself a true ATLien (as we say).
- I love philosophy, soulful music, pragmatic idealism, clean design, basketball, meditation, traveling, writing, skiing, art, cooking, and other things too.
- I have a life goal of cooking home-made pizzas with local families in all 6 of the main continents (sorry Antarctica). I am currently 4/6 of the way there (don’t worry Europe and Africa, your time will come).
- I am fascinated by human perception and our ability to create our own reality.