Sky Burial – Work in Progress
Sky Burial Concept:
1) User stands before the screen and sees real time video of him/her on the screen.
problem: how do we give instructions without using headphones, otherwise the still image will be taken with headphones.
2) In a few seconds, live video becomes semi-transparent and starts floating out of the frame. The frame retains a still image of the user.
3) Zoom out to reveal where the still person is.
4) Zoom out more to reveal other humans’ remains and birds.
VO: excerpt from Tibetan Sky Burial prayers explaining that the person is dead and must leave. As the last act of charitable living he/she should offer their body to sustain other life on earth. The person may choose to click the button to let the birds out, if not, the body will decay. The body changes it’s color, while the person is not doing anything.
5) If the user choses to click the button, vultures fly towards the body and start pecking. The body is seen getting destroyed.
6) When birds leave, rain flushes some remains.
VO: According to Tibetan belief you were a good person, congratulations, the birds found you palatable.
1. Write a Program for Processing that will:
- take a snap shot of the empty background in front of the camera before anyone enters the installation site
- show live feed video of the person standing in front of the camera. Video will be sent to the projector for rare screen projection.
- once the camera detects the person in required position and motionless for 5 seconds, Processing will take a video frame snap shot.
- Processing keys out the person from the background and places the image into the object “body”
- Animation starts playing with the person’s body’s shot in the Processing sketch
2. Create animation
3. Create controlled environment for the installation
4. Create audio guidance
5. Create a short explanation
How to Take Care of the Dead Properly
Assignment 4: Midterm Project Idea
HW 3: Nesting
Rubbery Foam Ball
Character Trait Through Movement – Corrected
The class’ feedback on my 5 seconds animation was that it was not clear whether my shape was hysterically laughing or scared. The instructor suggested I tried establishing fearfulness at the start of the animation. So here I tried to do that by showing some hesitance to move and making the shape being almost “forced” to move to the middle of the screen more by manipulating key frame velocity in the graph editor.
Refresh in Memory After Effects