Volumetric capture with DepthKit: Kinect + DSLR
Session Leaders: Akmyrat Tuyliyev • Or Fleisher
Tags: #VR • #AR • #depthkit • #kinect • #volumetric capture • #unity • #threejs • #max
Created By: Akmyrat Tuyliyev
Add a depth sensor to your video camera to film compelling performances in immersive 3D.
DepthKit is a suite of tools that allows anyone to capture, edit, and publish volumetric experiences in VR/AR with Unity, three.js, Max/MSP and more.
Check out this page: http://www.aaronkoblin.com/Aaronetrope/
IMPORTANT: for those that didn't receive the RSVP email from the leaders, please go ahead and sign up with Unity and download the software before the session. It's an easy and free process https://unity3d.com/
You must be signed in to comment.
Akmyrat Tuyliyev • June 10, 2017, 10:25 pm
Thanks for coming everyone, we had a great time!
Following up on visualizing the depth data you can use one of the following examples:
1. Max/MSP - https://github.com/juniorxsound/DepthKit-for-Max
2. Three.js - https://github.com/SimileSystems/DepthKitJS
3. Unity (Included in the email we sent before the workshop)
The stuff we covered in the workshop could also be found here:
1. Calibration - https://vimeo.com/176526148
2. Exporting from Visualize - (Pt.1) https://vimeo.com/189665397 / (Pt.2) https://vimeo.com/189665398
Again feel free to reach out to us with project ideas, questions or anything else depth related
Akmyrat & Or