Fusion 360 - From digital design to physical object.
Session Leaders: Ilya Smelansky
Tags: #fusion 360 • #parametric design • #digital fabrication
Created By: Ilya Smelansky
This course will cover :
- What is parametric modeling and when is it useful?
- Embedding design-intent into your 3d model construction.
- How to set up a Fusion 360 project: Planes, Sketches, Bodies, Components, Assemblies.
- Example workflows for getting your parts CNC routed, 3D printed, and laser cut.
Come with Fusion 360 downloaded on your computer. A 3 button mouse is highly recommended for easy navigation.
You will need to create an Autodesk account to use Fusion 360
If you have an NYU ID, I recommend getting the free educational version which is full featured. You will need to create an educational Autodesk account first. The verification process requires you to upload a picture of your ID.
Alternatively get the free non-commercial version, or the 30 day free trial.
Fusion 360 non-commercial
- Click â€œget startedâ€ at the bottom of the â€œFusion 360 for personal useâ€ column
- Enter your email only if you already have an Autodesk Account otherwise click the â€œCREATE ACCOUNTâ€ text under the â€œNEXTâ€ button.
Fusion 360 30-day free trial
Educational version of Fusion 360
- Click â€œGet Startedâ€ under Fusion 360 1.Donâ€™t enter your email unless you already have an Autodesk account
- Click the small â€œcreated accountâ€ under the â€œNEXTâ€ button
- Fill in the fields and follow prompts to upload a picture of your NYU ID