- Tom’s github repo. The repositories NetworkExamples, NodeExamples, and BluetoothLE-Examples will be of particular use in this class.
- Tom’s code blog
- Understanding Networks site (lots of useful class notes from other students)
- John Schimmel’s Dynamic web from Spring 2013. Good node.js notes
- Shawn van Every’s Always On, Always Connected syllabus
- The best explanation of closures that I’ve found so far
- PhoneGap and its doppelganger, Cordova
- A video on installing PhoneGap on Mac OSX. This was made for lion, so if you’re using Mavericks or Yosemite, there may be changes. See Karl Ward’s intro to PhoneGap page.
- The PhoneGap Command Line Interface page
- The man page for cURL. and a pretty good tutorial on how to use it.
- hurl.it, a site that’ll send any HTTP request to a URL of your choice. A very helpful diagnostic tool. Thanks to Surya Mattu for the tip.
Bluetooth LE Resources
- Don Coleman’s BLE Central plugin for Cordova
- Sandeep MIstry‘s libraries for node:
- noble – Making a BLE central device in node.
- bleno – making a BLE peripheral device in node
- node-sensortag – library for discovering and interacting with TI SensorTags
- node-bleacon -for creating, discovering, and configuring iBeacons
- arduino-BLEPeripheral – Arduino library for creating custom BLE peripherals with Nordic Semiconductor’s nRF8001 or nR51822
- BLE-Bean – Non Official api for the LightBlue Bean
- EvoThings Studio – an HTML5-based toolkit for making BLE apps on iOS. It’s not Cordova, but it’s similar.
Philips Hue Links
- Philips Hue consumer site
- Philips Hue developers site
- node-hue-api library docs for node.js
- Philips hue discovery tool (only works if you are on the same subnet as the hue)
- to reach the debugger on a Philips Hue, http://<hue-IP-address>/debug/clip.html
- Tom’s node-hue-api and client-side JS examples
Other home automation, etc. APIs
- Shawn Van Every’s page on setting up a Cordova/PhoneGap development environment
- Cordova main site
- Tom’s PhoneGap examples
- Don Coleman’s gitHub site containing many PhoneGap/Cordova examples: