Preparation for Wednesday Nov 5
For next Wednesday we will start with a talk and discussion with Michael Pellegrino, the Director of Operations at NYC CitiBike.
We will then discuss the exciting topics of mechanism design and participatory game design (no more presentations!). Please make sure you do the following readings (at least a pass) before class:
From Week 09 if you haven’t done so:
- Bram Cohen, Incentives Build Robustness in BitTorrent (PDF at Google Drive, WK_09)
- Chapter 22 – Markets and Information from the Networks book (PDF at Google Drive, WK_09)
- Eytan Adar and Bernardo A. Huberman. Free Riding on Gnutella (PDF at Google Drive, WK_09)
For week 10:
- Wilensky, U., Stroup, W. (2000) Networked gridlock: Students enacting complex dynamic phenomena with the HubNet architecture. In B. Fishman & S. O’Connor-Divelbiss (Eds.), Proceedings of the Fourth Annual International Conference for the Learning Sciences (pp. 282-289). Mahwah, NJ: Erlbaum. June 14 – 17.
- Dimitris Papanikolaou. Cloudcommuting: Games, Interaction, and Learning (PDF at Google Drive, WK_10)
- Robin Hunicke, Marc LeBlanc, Robert Zubek MDA: A Formal Approach to Game Design and Game Research (PDF at Google Drive, WK_10)
Only if you want and have time:
- Herman Kahn and Irwin Mann. WAR_GAMING (PDF at Google Drive, WK_10)
- Clayton Thomas and Walter Deemer. THE ROLE OF OPERATIONAL GAMING IN OPERATIONS RESEARCH (PDF at Google Drive, WK_10)
Email me if you have questions!