The Sticker Exchange
Alejandro Puentes, Rodrigo Derteano, Sabrina Osmany
We have run a couple of tests so far. We are reviewing the rules and solving some issues with the website.
The objective of the experiment is to observe a barter market self-organize, keeping track of the flow of stock (stickers) during the process.
Mechanism – The Sticker Exchange
The Sticker Exchange: 1) keeps track of all the transactions in the market, 2) collects data from the experiment, and 3) receives and disburses stickers from and to the players.
- 1 Cashier
- 1 Computer
- 1 Script
- 1 Database
The Sticker Exchange Market
- The Sticker Exchange Market
- 6 Players
- 6 ITP sticker albums
- 108 Stickers – There are 18 types of stickers in the game, and 6 stickers out of each type.
Each player will receive 18 stickers. Grouped into 3 groups of 6 stickers of the same type. In other words, at the beginning of the game, each player must hold all the available stock of three unique types of stickers in the market.
Each player has to collect all the stickers needed to fill the ITP Sticker Album, and finish such a task before other players.
The Sticker Exchange chooses player number one. Turn rotation is clockwise.
- When it is your turn, raise your hand showing the stickers that you are willing to trade; you can either pass or trade as much as three stickers per turn.
- The other players can bet on your offer holding up the stickers that they are willing to trade—all bets must contain the exact number of stickers than your original offer.
- Choose one from all the bets.
- Both you and your fellow trader must hand in your traded stickers to the Sticker Exchange.
- After the Sticker Exchange processes the transaction, both traders will receive the traded stickers.
End of the game
The game ends when one players collects all the stickers needed to fill an album.