Coming Soon: Vinyl Cutters
We will all be receiving Silhouette Cameo 4‘s. Comes with vinyl, hook, scraper, transfer tape, 20 Designs, AutoBlade, PixScan, 12” Cutting mat.
Theses are loaner machines, you do not own these machines. But you should treat it like you own it. We are going to be diving deep into this vinyl cutter.
- Max. cutting area: 12 in. x 24 in. (30.5 cm x 61 cm) with a cutting mat, 12 in. x 10 ft. (30.5 cm x 3m) without a cutting mat
- Max cutting thickness: 0.118 inches (3 mm)
- Compatible Media: Vinyl, Heat transfer material, Cardstock, Photo paper, Corrugated paper, Chipboard, Fabric, and more
Online Fabrication Services
The following list are online fabrication vendors. Last we checked, they are still open for business. Most of these services can quote a price before any work is done.
Waterjet Cutting Services
Big Blue Saw
Some of these services have instant quoting. Export your CAD drawings in a format that the service requires, pick your material, and your quantity. The more you want, the cheaper each individual part will be.
I went through the process for a couple of small aluminum part. The quotes can be seen below for CNCs, waterjet cutting, and metal laser cutting.
- Finish effects cost
- Quantity effects price per piece
- Material thickness effects price
Keep in mind, I could mill one on the Othermill in 40 minutes.
- Create a CAD model of a CNC-able 3D part.
- Run through the process of receiving a quote from a few of the online vendors. Try different materials and finishes, compare prices, keep good notes.
- Get familiar with your new vinyl cutter. Unbox it, load the software, and cut some vinyl.
Blog all of your work.
Template Maker (perfect for vinyl cutters)