Since last week, you’ve built built some simple circuits and learned some of the terminology of electronics. We’ll discuss how it went for you, and answer any questions that came up.
- Review from the assigned readings and labs:
- Electrical basics: voltage, current, resistance
- Parallel vs. serial circuits
- Identifying electrical components
- Electricity as power vs. electronics as signal
- Ohm’s Law
- System diagrams (block diagrams of components in the system)
- Circuit Drawings (Fritzing, circuits.io, Eagle, SVG, etc.)
- Schematics (Fritzing, circuits.io, Eagle, SVG, etc.)
Assignments for next class
Go over the Electronics review questions. This self-graded quiz covers the material you’ve done so far. You should be able to answer all the questions in it by now. If there are any you’re not sure of, set up office hours with your instructor to discuss your understanding the electronics concepts.
Read or view the following material and do the labs below. Come to next class with questions:
- Microcontrollers: The Basics
- Sensors: The Basics
- Programming Terms and Environments
- Intro to Arduino and first program
- Digital Input and Output
- Analog Input
- Serial out: print and println
Related Videos. These cover the same material as the notes above:
Do the labs below. Blog your progress and questions, and come to class next week with questions. We’ll discuss together.
Readings for next class
The following readings provide some context for thinking about physical interaction design. You won’t be quizzed on whether you’ve read these, but your instructor may refer to these ideas in future class discussions.