- Project 1 presentations. We’ll see and talk about your Project 1 devices. Be prepared to demonstrate them live.
Assignments For Next Class
- Read or view the following material and come to next class with questions:
- Video: Sensors: Interfacing
- Video: How to Read a Datasheet
- Sharp GP2Y0A60SZ0F, an update to the Sharp GP2D12 mentioned in the video
- TMP35/36/37 datasheet analog temperature sensor mentioned in the video
- Interlink FSR 402 datasheet force sensing resistors mentioned in the video
- Ohmite FSP series Force Sensing Potentiometers
Readings For Next Class
The following readings provide some context for thinking about physical interaction design. You won’t be quizzed on whether you’ve read these, but your instructor may refer to these ideas in future class discussions.
- Buxton, Sketching User Experiences: The Workbook. Here is the NYU E-Book Link
- Read the summary of Sketching User Experiences, then browse the book for useful prototyping and testing methods. Here is the NYU E-Book Link
- Igoe, Making Interactive Art: Set the Stage, Then Shut Up and Listen
- Example: Happy Feedback Machine