The NYU forums/listservs have been updated since last year and there are some changes. ITS
has some info here:
One important point is that it is now email@example.com
instead of firstname.lastname@example.org
To join an NYU/ITP listserv:
- Visit: http://lists.nyu.edu/read/all_forums/subscribe?name=listname
- Or send a blank email to: email@example.com
- Or log into NYU Home (http://home.nyu.edu) using your NYU NetID and password.
- On the Home Page, you should find a section marked "Lists".
- Click on the button marked "Browse and Subscribe to an NYU List."
- When the list of all the available listserves pops up, look for the list you want to join
- Click to check the box next to the list, and then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the button marked "Subscribe".
To read from the web interface:
To change listserv settings:
(i.e. change e-mail address, change how you receive mail)
- Go to: http://lists.nyu.edu/read/login/
- enter the e-mail address (not netid) that you're registered on the list with. Enter the password, which may have been e-mailed to you or you may have chosen when you registere
- If you don't know the password, click on the 'Forgot your password' link. Your e-mail address will receive a link to a page that will let you set the password. That link expires so use it within the hour or request a new one.
- Once you type in or reset your password, you should get a list of listservs that e-mail is registered to. Click the listserv you want.
- You'll get a list of messages that you can view.
- Click on 'My Account' link. You'll see your e-mail address and a drop down menu that will allow you to choose daily digest or no mail or something else.
- Click 'save changes' to take affect.
If you are a listserv administater,
- login at http://lists.nyu.edu/