This section contains resources that are useful for physical computing in general, like reading material, suppliers, links to other useful sites, recommended tools and parts to get started, and more.
- Alumni Physical Computing Blogs
- Journals & Documentation
- Microcontroller Pin Functions
- Breadboard Layouts
- Physical Computing Remote Learning Tools
- Parts And Tools Guide
- Parts Needed for Physical Computing
- GitHub Repository
- Construction Templates
- Related Books and Articles
- Accessibility Tools for Physical Computing
- LittleBits Resources
Other ITP sites
- ITP Fabrication All the fabrication classes at ITP will be linked here.
- ITP Networks Information about networking is linked here.
- Bill Verplank’s interaction design sketchbook, a useful introduction to what is interaction design.
- Bill Moggridge’s Designing Interactions book and website. A monster of a work with tons of interviews and case studies about interactive works. A great resource.
- Building with Cardboard – a guide to building solid structures with cardboard, from the Adaptive Design Association.
- The Art of Cardboard – another guide to cardboard construction
- Two good videos on cardboard construction:
- CardBoard Basics Tutorial Guide Chip/Matte Board model making: modeling for Designers & Architects
- CardBoard Advanced Basics Tutorial guide for model making: modeling for Designers & Architects
- Cardboard Modeling: Exploring, Experiencing, and Communicating by Joep Frens, includes some very detailed models made in foam-core and cardboard, proof that it’s possible to to high-fidelity modeling in paper and cardboard.
- Mekanizmalar.com – a great series of animations illustrating different mechanisms.
- LED current calculator
- Resistor color code calculator
- An SVG file of electronic schematic symbols