We are seeking a User Interface Engineer to help develop and maintain a growing website. We are a small close-knit team that is working collaboratively to bring an awesome website to millions of users. You’ll be joining the team during our website’s post-launch growth phase and will have the opportunity to define and contribute from the start.
We have a minimal website that will need maintenance and improvements, some minor, some large. Future opportunities will include the contribution to ideas, features and designs that make the website a big player with its target market, as well as the opportunity to develop advanced applications for creating and editing rich content on the web.
– In charge of front-end development
– Work with a close-knit small team to bring an awesome website to life
– Maintain a website in its infancy and help define its further development.
– You’ll have the opportunity to maintain and build a top-notch website, as well as contribute to some cutting-edge webapps
– You are an knowledgeable programmer.
– You’re self-driven, motivated, and can manage time and tasks well on your own.
– You test things prior to committing changes and don’t just depend on a big QA team to find problems with your code.
– You’re an expert debugger and can solve any issue.
– Knowledge of Django and the Django template system or a similar MVC framework.
– You’re familiar with Mercurial and might have some experience navigating a Unix system
– You know that anything is possible and approach problems with that mindset, and don’t just say ‘no’ because something’s too much work.
– Excellent communication and collaboration skills
– You don’t get worked up easily and can handle the pressure of jumping between multiple tasks.
Additional Skills / Bonus Points:
– Expert knowledge of Django, Django template tags, filters and everything in between
– Some design experience
– Experience with MathML, Mathjax or other methods of parsing/rendering math/science notation in a browser
– Experience with LaTeX
– Experience integrating and leveraging third-party software and code for use in custom web applications.
Contact Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply. Please include an ePortfolio or examples of your previous work.