The User Experience Designer (“UX Designer”) will create the interaction model, interface, and UI designs for a wide range of web and mobile projects for CBS Local. This role will report to the Director of User Experience, while working closely with Technical Development, Visual Design, and other team leads.
- Lead Information Architecture (IA) and User Experience (UX) development for small to complex, large-scale projects
- Translate business requirements into process/ navigational flows and user interaction models
- Plan, coordinate and conduct user research, contextual and ethnographic studies, participatory design and usability testing
- Create process flows, annotated wireframes, design prototypes, and functional specifications. Review them with business owners and technical team and obtain approval.
- Design and extend mobile applications to integrate the user experience seamlessly with existing desktop-oriented content and further enhance services
- Work in team environment with good organizational abilities and a minimum of department supervision
The preferred candidate must possess:
- Minimum 3 years in user experience design (also called “interaction design”). Added plus: 1-3 years graphic design experience.
- Strong analytical thinking, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience working with WordPress as a CMS
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with multi-disciplinary team members
- Online portfolio that demonstrates experience creating interaction design for complex web and mobile applications. Added plus: online design portfolio that demonstrates strong visual design skills and ability to work within established branding directions.
- Experience developing wireframes and Functional Specifications documentation
- Proficiency with wireframe/ prototyping tools (InDesign, Visio, Omigraffle or Axure)
- Expert knowledge of design software (Adobe Creative Suite/ Photoshop/ Illustrator)
- Experience working directly with Developers to develop and document functional/ navigational flows
- Experience in Usability Best Practices
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in a Communications or Design-related field)