Hi Everyone –
I have an opening on my team at JPMorgan Chase for an eLearning Production Manager. This position is based in NYC and reports directly to me. If you’re interested or have any questions, please email me off-list at davemacc at gmail.
eLearning Production Manager – Job Description
As an eLearning Production Manager, you’ll play a critical role in continuing our mission to strengthen and evolve our Knowledge Network team within Chase Consumer and Community Banking. Your primary responsibilities include managing and coaching a team of 5 to 6 eLearning Developers, managing multiple concurrent projects, facilitating production workflow, assisting with strategic planning and liaising with managers and business directors across multiple lines of business.
Additionally, you’ll help identify knowledge gaps and prescribe learning solutions and may occasionally develop or maintain digital learning courses to train and support 15,000 customer-facing call center employees worldwide.
You’ll need a good eye for design and the ability to articulate why certain design elements work, and why others do not. You’ll also need a solid understanding of the various production tools and the ability to roll up your sleeves and contribute to production when the need arises.
– Managing a team of 5 to 6 eLearning Developers across multiple US locations
– Providing constructive feedback on the design, usability and learning impact of the courses that your team produces
– Leading by example in teaching (and occasionally using) best practices to produce digital learning content
– Collaborating with subject matter experts throughout the firm and other groups within the Knowledge Network to understand training needs and prescribe (and, at times, produce) appropriate training interventions
– Tracking, managing and delivering multiple projects while assuring both world-class quality and timely completion
– Understanding training needs, deriving learning objectives and applying the tenets of adult learning theory to course design and content creation
– Continuing to develop your own expertise by participating in project review meetings, knowledge sharing and skills development within, and occasionally outside, the firm
– Excellent sense of visual design and user experience design and the ability to conceive and execute a well designed eLearning course
– The ability to manage multiple tasks and projects while meeting tight project deadlines
– Strong presentation skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to clearly articulate learning solutions to business leaders
– Strong relationship building skills and the ability to work independently as well as within local, global and virtual teams.
– A Bachelor’s degree in instructional design, educational technology, graphic design or digital media design with a minimum of 10 years of applicable work experience
– A firm grasp of project management principles and at least 5 years of experience managing digital media or instructional design projects
– At least 3 years of experience managing people in a fast-pace, high-pressure environment
– A sense of humor and the ability to roll with the punches
– Hands-on expertise using the Articulate Suite, Adobe eLearning Suite and Microsift Office Suite
– In-depth knowledge of user-experience design, interaction design and visual design
– Experience with audio & video recording and editing
– Knowledge of LMS, course publishing, SCORM and AICC, adult learning theory and the basics of client-server systems
– Knowledge of credit card, banking and finance industries preferred but not required