Open Call: Reverse Open Lab
Deadline: July 3rd
Space: 28 Frost, Brooklyn, 11211
REVERSE is pleased to announce a new artist residency program for the summer of 2013. REVERSE SUMMER LAB is designed to allow artists the time, resources and community support to create new and innovative work in a collaborative and discursive atmosphere. Artists will have the opportunity to exhibit their work in the REVERSE gallery space during or directly following their residency term.
Two resident artists will have 24/7 access to a large, shared studio space. Please note that this program does not include housing – artists need to have their own local accommodation. Artists are responsible for bringing their own materials; no toxic materials are allowed in the space.
REVERSE SUMMER LAB will run from JULY 8th to AUGUST 16th.
HOW TO APPLY
Artists should submit the following information and materials by July 3 to email@example.com:
- Letter of intent, describing plans for residency
- Current resume, including exhibition record
- Brief artist statement
- 10 images of your recent work (images should be no bigger than 1 mb each). For video and performance, send up to 3 links to video/documentation of the work
- Please include a $25 processing fee with your application. (paid via PayPal at reversespace.org/summerlab) Send a copy of your payment receipt.
* Residents are asked to contribute $75 during the tenure of their residency to offset the costs of utilities in the space.
REVERSE is a multidisciplinary workspace and art gallery that serves as a platform for new and experimental forms of expression. Established in 2012, REVERSE aims to support the production and presentation of new work by emerging and mid-career artists through a program of exhibitions, workshops, talks and events that encourages public dialogue and the active exchange of ideas across all fields. Run by artists, the mission of REVERSE is to promote innovate and boundary-breaking ideas that foster the growth of public engagement with the arts as well as the REVERSE artist community.