Product Invention LeadMicrosoft Studios: Lift
Salary range: Competitive salary plus bonus and excellent benefits
Location: London, UK
Opening date: 27/06/2014
Closing date: 25/07/2014
We are Lift London, a 21st Century Entertainment Studio established in 2012 to craft entertainment for tablets, smartphones and beyond. We aim to excite, amuse and delight – wherever you are, whenever you want. We don’t just design, code, or write, it’s more important than that; we’re here for the players. We help you spawn heroes, fight monsters and imagine new universes. Games & Entertainment have the power to transform bringing people together. We have a number of games & entertainment experiences that will be launching soon – but it’s all a bit hush-hush for now. We are always on the lookout for talented kindred spirits. Enough about us. Now about you! Tell us your story.
Team & Role
The Labs Team invent cutting-edge innovative products that create impact and magic in the marketplace. The Product Invention Lead will work within a multidisciplinary team of designers and engineers to concept, prototype and communicate new technology products and services in the entertainment space – taking wild ideas from dreams to reality.
Lead Product Invention
• Drive product invention and development
• Harnessing your design and engineering skills from a variety of fields with deep expertise in one or more of the following: industrial design, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, software engineering.
• Communicate your vision and ideas through sketches, visualisations and prototypes.
• Create and engineer prototypes with your skill sets of 3D modelling, rapid manufacturing, electronics, software development.
• Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team to deliver on a holistic product vision and business strategy.
Innovate Product Experiences & Strategy
• Work with the team to set high-level strategy for products
• Understand consumer needs and participate in user research and insights analysis
• Understand business needs and participate in discussions around business analysis and planning
• Contribute to design of product software and user experiences to create holistic physical/digital experiences.
• Be a hands-on member of the team, helping to prototyping on the software side where necessary
• Be an advocate and expert for innovation and design process
Key Success Criteria:
• Be passionate for the big picture vision and the details of the thing so that we can deliver what we envision at every level
• Be driven by the achievement of making something real in the world
• Always opt to demonstrate your ideas rather than just talk about them
• Be a positive, active, contributing leader in the team
• Be able to multitask and work under pressure
• Strong abilities as both a creative and an engineer
• Work collaboratively in a team environment, while having a voice that represents your point-of-view
• Passion for new computing technologies and pushing the boundaries of human-computer interaction
• Stay curious
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
• A T-Shaped individual, you can work across many design and engineering disciplines with proven experience in one of the following: industrial design, mechanical engineering, electrical engineer, or software engineering.
• Ideally some experience with the following: Sketching, 3D modelling, CAD software, electronic prototyping, 3D printing, software prototyping in environments such as Unity, Visual Studio, Xcode, Flash.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity
Microsoft’s privacy statement can be viewed on the following web page:http://privacy.microsoft.com/