Deeplocal is looking for a new team member who is a highly gifted coder with design and creative sensibilities.
Our innovation studio has created numerous campaigns that have shaped the advertising industry, including the PXP Toyota Prius Mind-controlled Bike, the Nike Chalkbot street-printing robot, and Google Fiber’s “Nick’s First Pitch.” We’re a tight-knit group that strives to produce outstanding work and benefits from a culture of trust, collaboration, and the desire to create work that has never been seen before.
The Creative Technologist is responsible for concepting, scoping, and building creative uses of technology. This position helps to develop mobile applications, prototype physical digital experiences, and execute larger experiences. Qualified applicants will have a proven ability to plan, prioritize and manage workload with minimal oversight. Our creative technologist will be expected to lead projects and work independently. They should have a passion for emerging technologies, an enthusiasm for tackling new challenges, and love being being involved in the creative process. A qualified candidate can also think critically, code quickly, and make products and experiences that work. On the job, our creative technologist will participate in client meetings develop new business pitches, and own technical decisions for the projects they’re involved in.
The Creative Technologist will work closely with clients on the west coast. They’ll be expected to spend approximately 50% of their time in northern CA, but also be available to travel to Pittsburgh on a regular basis, where Deeplocal is headquartered. We will consider candidates who are based in northern CA or in Pittsburgh, PA, or have the flexibility to relocate temporarily.
- Heads down working – coding, designing, engineering
- Meeting with clients
- Creating content for scopes of work or presentations
- Leading or owning projects
- Executing projects on time and to a high degree of quality
- Participates in pitching ideas and explaining technology to clients in a human manner, and representing Deeplocal
- Technical execution, making
- Develop prototypes when necessary
- Coordinate with outside vendors when necessary
- Travel when necessary
- 3-7 years of experience at a start-up, agency or similarly-paced company.
- Proven record of success in owning projects and working directly with a client
- Applicants must provide a link to a portfolio of independent and group work.
- Proficiency with (or ability to quickly learn) the following programs: Rails, iOS (Objective-C), Android, node.js, modern web front-end development
Deeplocal is an internationally-recognized innovation studio based in Pittsburgh, PA. Deeplocal works mainly in advertising but isn’t a traditional ad agency. From creating a mind-controlled bike that was featured on Good Morning America to building a robotic pitching machine that allowed a child to throw out the first pitch at a baseball game from thousands of miles away, our projects are wide-ranging and unique.
Deeplocal has been named one of the Best Places to Work in Western Pennsylvania for the past three years and has received numerous awards including: a Grand Prix Lion at Cannes, Best Of at the One Show, and numerous others. Our work has been featured on Fast Company, Wired, NYTimes, USA Today, the Today Show, Good Morning America, Gizmodo, Engadget, Forbes, and many more. In 2012, Deeplocal was named AdAge Small Agency of the Year in the Northeast.
Deeplocal’s direct client list includes: Google, Toyota, Anheuser-Busch, DirectTV, TBS, MillerCoors, Air France, Volkswagen, GOOD Magazine, Reebok, American Eagle Outfitters, PNC Bank, General Mills, and many others.
Retirement Plan with employer matching
Company retreats and trips