|Sr. UX Designer
Sr. UX Designer
We’re looking for a passionate Sr. UX Designer to create human-friendly, clean and effective consumer experiences for our MakerBot 3D Ecosystem, which includes: MakerBot Desktop, MakerBot Mobile, MakerBot Printshop, and the Thingiverse web community, as well as consumer interactions with our MakerBot Replicator Printers.
Candidates should have experience envisioning experiences for web and desktop/mobile applications. Taking concepts from the sketch to wireframes, to prototyping and launch. We love people who love to make things; tell us what you’ve made, and this is your chance to join the Next Industrial Revolution with MakerBot.
As Sr. UX Designer, you will:
- participate in the brainstorming of and creation of concepts for best-in-class user experiences.
- translate abstract concepts into simple and elegant user interfaces.
- create concept models, user interface sketches, and detailed schematics.
- work closely with fellow creatives and developers to ensure the solidity of design systems.
As Sr. UX Designer, you have:
- 3+ years experience in a User Experience Design role.
- several examples of successfully launched projects which demonstrate strategic, conceptual and creative thinking.
- a solid understanding and demonstration of user centered design principles.
- proficiency in MacOSX, Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Office, Acrobat.
- ability to develop simple and elegant design approaches to complex design problems.
- the ability to rapidly prototype and test concepts.
- experience working directly with development teams in an Agile environment.
- to work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- possession of excellent interpersonal communication skills, analytical and leadership potential.
- to work and adapt in a fast-paced environment.
- current authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis — this employer will not sponsor applications for work/student Visas.
- Familiarity with 3D printing/ digital fabrication/ MakerBot
MakerBot is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard public assistance, veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class.