An exciting early-stage New York startup out of Cornell Tech’s innovative Runway program is looking for talented, good spirited developers (senior and junior level) to join our growing family and take part in the development of a platform that can impact on the entire Web economy.
- Participate in the development of City Hive’s core system.
- Development of various exciting gateways to the system
- Assist in the development, implementation and testing of new features.
- Working with the development and product team too help deliver City Hive’s amazing value proposition.
- Prepare photo, graphic and video content for web publishing
- Bring commitment and integrity to accomplishing City Hive’s mission and goals in this and other duties as assigned and commits to personal and professional implementation of City Hive’s Core values
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong Ruby on Rails skills specifically working over the MongoDB and Postgres stack – required.
- Strong awareness and understanding of information architecture, REST APIs, user experience and current website design best practices for both desktop and mobile required
- Very good interpersonal skills; flexibility and demonstrated ability to work interdepartmentally in a mid/large organization
- Experience with web analytics (Google Analytics)
- Familiarity with version control (Subversion, Git)
Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field preferred – but mostly should be a proficient and enthusiastic programmer.
Experience: Experience in web development is required, the candidate should be able to lead and deliver a web product from end to end.
Full status to work in the United States and willingness to provide employment verification as required
How to Apply:
The position is full-time, with a starting salary commensurate with experience and comprehensive benefits. Interested applicants should email a Cover letter and Résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Early team members will have the benefit (and responsibility) of significant impact on the direction of the technology and the company