Potion is opening some new opportunities for design/development interns for the summer of 2015. All the details can be found here – http://ptn.io/Ws7VRT
Potion is seeking a talented, self-motivated, and collaborative Creative Coder to join our passionate, talented, and innovative team for the Summer. An interest in Interactive and/ or Digital Design is a huge plus.
A development internship at Potion is a hands-on learning experience in a fast-paced, real world environment. You will be exposed to all aspects of projects, from concept and design to development, production and installation. You will work closely with producers, designers and developers to both learn and contribute to projects.
This position is a great opportunity to experience working in a real-life studio environment, and offers a chance to make meaningful contributions to projects that will reach large audiences across the country and the world.
Some previous development experience in a creative coding platform is expected (i.e. Processing, OpenFrameworks, Cinder, Unity, etc.). Knowledge of web-based technologies (front and back-end) are a major plus.
This internship is on-site in our downtown Manhattan office, and is paid.
How To Apply
Please send a brief cover letter, resume and link to portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
+ Strong Understanding of Graphics Programming and/or Game Programming+ iOS / app development experience a plus
+ Computer vision experience a plus
+ Have the ability to multi-task, have strong organizational skills, and be self-motivated
Potion seeks a talented design intern to join our team for summer 2015. We are looking for an organized, motivated and detail-oriented person who enjoys working in a collaborative design environment with a tight-knit team. From day one you will be collaborating with fellow designers, developers and producers throughout a range of project phases, including in-depth research and concepting, design exploration, low-fidelity prototyping, through to the final stages of design production.
Design Interns are responsible for supporting the conceptual development, direction and delivery of visual design. The position requires a solid foundation in design & visual communications (branding, composition, typography, etc.) as well as the ability to translate design direction across multiple platforms and a wide range of media. This is an opportunity to take risks, do the unexpected, make mistakes, and build a design vocabulary—this position affords the most time for exploration and creative freedom possible within a professional environment.
How To Apply
Please send a brief cover letter, resume and portfolio (PDF’s under 10MB or links to online portfolio) to email@example.com.
• The internship is open to 3rd and 4th year undergraduates majoring in graphic design, and graduate students.
• Outstanding skill in graphic design (composition, typography, branding, image making) and visual communications, with relevant interaction design experience
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to confidently and successfully present work to internal teams
• Ability to receive and give critical feedback
• Ability to work on and contribute to a high performing team
• An advanced knowledge of the Adobe Suite. Experience with 2D animation, film editing, and/or 3D is a plus
• Ability to prototype ideas quickly using pen and paper or popular tools like Flinto and Form
• Ability to assist in the creation of beautiful presentations that articulate a deep understanding of what we do
• Awareness and interest in new media, emerging technologies, and design trends
• Ability to work collaboratively and participate in the creation of a respectful working environment
• Availability 40 hours per week
Things to Note
• This is a paid and/or credit internship
• Non-US residents must arrange for a student visa and sponsorship independently
• We do not provide housing, but can help with recommendations