Photography, Expanded Program Consultant
Magnum Foundation is seeking at Photography, Expanded Program Consultant.
Photography, Expanded is a Magnum Foundation initiative inspiring documentary photographers to expand their storytelling beyond the still image. Through intensive workshops and panel discussions, photographers have been learning about emerging digital tools and methods in order to engage audiences across platforms and mobilize communities around social justice issues.
Magnum Foundation is a non-profit organization that provides photographers working in the public interest with the support they need to produce meaningful, high-impact visual storytelling projects across issues, borders and disciplines.
The Photography, Expanded Program Consultant will work with MF team to develop programming beginning this spring through December of 2015, with potential to extend work with Magnum Foundation upon review in December.
2015 programming will include:
• a series of meet-ups meant to facilitate inter-disciplinary dialogue;
• panel discussions on themes related to emerging media and social impact;
• hands-on laboratories for photographers and media-makers to develop multiplatform projects;
• a full day symposium, audience of 400 people, that brings together media-makers to explore innovation in documentary storytelling and emerging ideas in digital media and journalism;
• a fellowship program that provides support and mentorship for select photographers to develop multiplatform projects.
To learn more about Magnum Foundation and the Photography, Expanded Program, please follow these links:
The Photography, Expanded Program Consultant will report to Magnum Foundation’s Director of Programs and work in collaboration with the Photography, Expanded Assistant and the Magnum Foundation team.
This is a part-time position. Compensation will be negotiable according to experience.
Please send CV and cover letter to: Emma Raynes (email@example.com)
Photography, Expanded Consultant Responsibilities
• function as thought-partner working in collaboration with MF Program Director
• play lead role in mapping out annual program objectives
• identify emerging trends in the field relevant to the initiative’s programming
• develop event themes and structures
• leverage professional networks to target and cultivate presenters, partners, and
• identify and cultivate new / expanded programmatic opportunities
• facilitate / moderate event presentations and discussions
• contribute to call for proposals and public event PR copy
• contribute to grant / proposal copy