Title: Summer Internship at LAB at Rockwell Group
About the LAB
The LAB is a technology, R&D and innovation team within the larger framework of the Rockwell Group. We focus on crafting immersive, new experiences using emerging technologies that blur the lines between digital and physical.
Our projects span from temporary exhibits to permanent architectural scale installations and we work with global brands that range from technology to cultural to hospitality. You can see some of our projects here:
We have several exciting projects coming down the pipeline and would love to get a motivated and bright intern on board for the summer.
About the Role
You will be have the opportunity to work with a close team of designers, strategists, creative coders, hardware and software engineers. During the internship you will gain first-hand experience of what it’s like to create large scale interactive installations. Depending where the production cycle is, that could involve any stage from concepting/strategy, prototyping to installation.
We are looking for someone to start early/mid June – late August and the position is paid.
- Research, organize, strategizing for upcoming projects
- Participate in brainstorms and developing solutions to experiential, technical and design challenges
- Depending on experience, assist with internal R&D or client prototyping, wire framing, presentations
- Experimentation with emerging technologies
- General LAB duties, documentation
- Bachelors or advanced degree in interaction design, computer science, new media, engineering, motion graphics or similar
- Highly motivated self starter, with an attention to detail
- Enthusiasm for working on multi-disciplinary teams and ‘can do’ attitude
- Conversant in new technologies, interfaces, design
- Should have a strong interest in interactive installations/spatial media and love for both the digital and physical
Our ideal candidate is a technology generalist, with specialist skills in one of the following:
- Creative coding (openframeworks, cinder, processing)
- Live visuals/generative graphics
- Animation/motion design
- Visual design
- Data visualization
- Front end developers
If interested, please email Inessah: email@example.com with a brief email intro as to why you’re interested, portfolio, resume.