Senior Engineer at Kinvolved
*Must be based in/near NYC.*
Kinvolved, an education technology startup located in NYC, is seeking a Senior Engineer We are seeking someone who wants to change the state of education through the use of technology and to join and build an early stage startup to change the world.
We’re a socially minded startup with big dreams to do good by tech in the education sector. Our web and mobile apps support communication between schools and families, building community to support academic achievement. You can learn more at www.kinvolved.com.
- Continue development on our architecture, technology stack, and platform, leveraging the fully functional product
- Rapidly iterate with the Kinvolved team on product direction based on customer needs, communicate engineering status, and resolve and implement changes
Qualities/experience needed: Our application is in Angular, uses Rails as an API, on PostgreSQL.
- Experience scaling the growth of web and mobile technology
- SQL, Ruby, Ruby On Rails
- Experience developing an API
- Experience with security & hosting using Amazon Web Services or comparable product
- Exposure to an agile development process
- Experience managing small teams, and understanding both product and business objectives
- Working knowledge of Ionic or other Cordova comparable technologies
- Working knowledge of other client side frameworks like Backbone, Ember, React, etc.
- Experience with deployment systems like Capistrano
- Compensation is cash, with equity options available
- Health insurance options
- Startup working environment, office at Teach For America’s brand new HQ at 25 Broadway
- Dedicated, passionate team, driven to ensure success of Kinvolved across the country
To Apply: Please contact Zvia at email@example.com with interest. Email Zvia your resume, links to your online presence if applicable (LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.), and abstracts or other deliverables relevant to your experience in managing data.
Joining our growing team gives you an opportunity to positively impact the lives of thousands of students and hundreds of schools in underserved communities across our country. Co-founders, Miriam Altman and Alex Meis, started Kinvolved in 2012 while they were graduate students at NYU. They were recently named to the 2015 Forbes’ 30 Under 30 list, a group of the most influential leaders in education today. Meet the rest of our team here.
Read, watch, and learn more about us below:
June 2015 in the NYPost and on ABC7!
January 2015 on Forbes 30 Under 30
November 2014 on FOX News “Kinvolved” App Aims to Improve Student Attendance