SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER / ESI Design
ESI Design is one of the world’s foremost experience design firms. As an interdisciplinary team of problem solvers, designers, and doers we work at the intersection of physical, digital and social design.
Whether we are inspiring customer-centric innovation for international corporations or inventing new ways to activate public institutions, our mission is the same — to inspire conversation, collaboration, and action.
We are looking for a Project Manager for corporate projects focused on commercial architecture, custom large scale media, comprehensive signage, and retail installations.
Your role as a Senior Project Manager
• Strong project management experience in architecture, media and/or exhibitions fields
• Manage the design process to meet the budget & schedule parameters
• Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
• Define project scope, goals, team resources and deliverables in conjunction with senior management for new and existing projects.
• Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
• Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
• Oversee the internal multi-disciplinary design team including 3D/physical designers, technical systems designers, interactive designers, writers and graphic designers, animators
• Oversee subcontracted design specialists such as Lighting designers
• Set and continually manage project expectations with team members, project partners and other stakeholders.
• Identify and manage design project schedule; identify dependencies, clarify critical path, track project milestones and deliverables.
• Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential escalation issues, and devise contingency plans.
• At least 7+years of demonstrated management experience
• Must have excellent communication (verbal/written) skills with respect to team members, peers, and management
• Demonstrated experience developing project strategy and analytical problem solving
• Comfortable interacting with senior executives both within firm and to external partners and clients
• Proven ability to work in cross-functional environments including corporate, retail, communication design and public space design
• Working knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, Keynote, Acrobat
• Recommended basic knowledge of FastTrack, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and online collaboration tools (Basecamp, Google apps suite)
• This position requires frequent travel to client locations for meetings.