Consultant, Digital Content & Analytics, IBM International Foundation
About the IBM International Foundation
The IBM International Foundation contributes IBM’s talent and technology to addressing social and environmental issues around the world. We are a diverse, international team collaborating across 50+ countries to creatively apply the latest advances in science and technology to tackle complex systemic challenges and respond nimbly to emergent needs. With award-winning programs in health, education, and resilient communities, IBM is consistently recognized as a leader in corporate citizenship and corporate social responsibility, frequently placing first in industry rankings. Learn more about IBM at http://ibm.com/responsibili
About the Role
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to work closely with the Foundation’s leadership team to develop and drive the organization’s digital content strategy, generating and sharing content that amplifies the impact of the Foundation’s work with global partners and builds meaningful engagement with key audiences. The role will include editorial and creative oversight of the organization’s blog and social media channels.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional content marketing and written and verbal communications skills, with a proven background in data-driven management of social media channels; tackle challenges with a solutions-oriented, systems thinking approach; be highly organized with strong attention to detail; and thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. Experience in education, health, resilience, cross-sector collaboration, and/or corporate philanthropy is highly valued.
This is a 3-month consulting contract with the opportunity to extend, based in New York City and Armonk, NY.
- Develop and execute overarching digital content marketing strategy reaching target audiences globally in organization’s core issue areas of education, health, and resilient communities
- Plan and produce digital marketing campaigns: create timely, compelling content and distribute through multiple digital communication channels
- Manage organization’s blog, including ghostwriting and editing guest contributions
- Manage organization’s social media channels
- Evaluate effectiveness of communications activities through data-driven monitoring and analysis; apply insights for continual improvement
Ideal Education, Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 2-4 years of demonstrated experience in content marketing and/or digital communications. Knowledge of current trends, tools and best practices
- Exceptional storytelling and writing skills, including the ability to adapt content and style, tone, and voice to engage different internal and external audiences across multiple mediums
- Experience running social media at a mid-size to large organization, with a proven track record of successful campaigns (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram)
- Experience with digital analytics tools (e.g. Facebook Insights, Keyhole, Brandwatch, Google Analytics) and search engine optimization (SEO); data-drive approach to evaluating effectiveness
- Experience engaging with a variety of stakeholders and organizations across sectors (public, private, non-profit)
- Demonstrated ability to drive progress independently as well as problem solve collaboratively to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strategic, systems thinker who proactively identifies potential opportunities and issues and proposes solutions
- Ability to thrive under dynamic conditions with collegiality and flexibility
- Experience working with cross-cultural and international teams, and a sensitivity to global cultures. Experience with digital communications outside of the United States valued
- Experience in education, health, resilience, cross-sector collaboration, and/or corporate philanthropy
- Ability to create and edit images in the Adobe Creative Suite (e.g. Photoshop or Illustrator)
- Ability to edit video in Adobe Premiere valued
- Minimum of a bachelors degree
The IBM International Foundation is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The IBM International Foundation is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
How To Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, brief writing sample (no more than 700 words), and sample collateral from a successful digital campaign to citizenship@us.
Level of Language Proficiency
English – Fluent
Minimum Education Required