The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine is accepting applications for the 2018 Ford Foundation
Fellowships Programs for Achieving Excellence in College and University Teaching. Full eligibility information and online
applications are available on our website.
Through its Fellowship Programs, the Ford Foundation seeks to increase the diversity of the nation’s college and university
faculties by increasing their ethnic and racial diversity, to maximize the educational benefits of diversity, and to increase the
number of professors who can and will use diversity as a resource for enriching the education of all students.
• U.S. citizens, nationals, permanent residents (holders of a Permanent Resident Card), or individuals granted deferred action
status under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Program (DACA) program, and political asylees and refugees regardless
of race, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, or sexual orientation
• Individuals planning a career in teaching and research at the college or university level in a research-based filed of science, social
science or humanities
• Predoctoral–$24,000 per year for three years
• Dissertation–$25,000 for one year
• Postdoctoral–$45,000 for one year
Awardees will have expenses paid to attend at least one Conference of Ford Fellows. Approximately 65 predoctoral, 36 dissertation,
and 24 postdoctoral fellowships will be awarded.
Application Deadline Dates:
• Predoctoral: December 14, 2017 (5:00 PM EST)
• Dissertation: December 7, 2017 (5:00 PM EST)
• Postdoctoral: December 7, 2017 (5:00 PM EST)
Supplementary Materials receipt deadline for submitted applications is January 9, 2018 (5:00 PM EST)
For more information and to apply online: