My recruitment agency, The Joanne Weaver Group
, has an *incredible* junior / midlevel designer opportunity on deck, at an exciting startup in one of the hottest spaces around, for a go-getter at the start of their career.
Jr/Mid Product Designer – Visual
with 1-3 years of experience
@ FinTech startup in downtown NYC
**Referral Bonus up to $500 for the longterm placement of your referral; thanks for passing this on!**
This is “blasting off to the moon” magnitude of career growth, y’all! Yee haw!
You are a Jr/Mid Product Designer, with 1-3 years of experience and a Visual focus, and you’re looking for that first or second job that’s going to blast you, headfirst, into massive career growth and learning, in a super empowering place (you are NOT just a worker bee!)
Our client is a rapidly-growing, 70-person FinTech startup, creating custom-tailored software solutions for financial advisers and their clients. You’d be nestled amidst a small cozy team of 3, with one of the best design leaders around as your boss, who is highly respected in the company and is building a fantastic design culture there – we’ve known him for years, and we can give you the inside scoop that getting tutelage and career guidance from him is *huge*!
They plan on doubling the size of the team by the end of next year, as the rest of the company grows, too – this is a great time to get in on the ground floor before this puppy really takes off.
You have product design chops with a Visual slant to them – maybe you come out of traditional design and have made the switch to digital, and you actively think about typography, kearning, composition, etc. You’ve got great ability to design data-rich dashboards, e-commerce check-out-like experiences.
If you can pitch in on styleguides, charts/graphs, infographics – all the better.
In this role, you’ll help reinvent the UI of consumer financial software, for multiple user types, and, as you probably know unless you’ve been kickin’ it with little green men on Mars, Fintech is a super hot, rapidly-growing industry that boasts some of the greatest design challenges and has the most opportunity for disruption, and opens up your career in so many different directions. .
You’ll get invaluable in-the-trenches, hands-on experience to swiftly launch and iterate products, while maintaining high attention to design detail. You’ll be designing for complex functionality for web apps + responsive websites, with an eye on mobile apps in the future.
You get to do this all amidst a beautiful space in a NYC heritage building downtown, with lovely views.
Your teammates are cool, ambitious, and fun, and they’re passionate about what they’re building together, and do karaoke outings on the fairly-regular, amongst other things.
- Have 1-3 years of professional work experience in Product Design or Visual UI Design
- You don’t need to do heavy UX wires etc, but some knowledge of UX best practices is useful
- Design for Web Apps and/or Dashboards, either consumer-facing or B2B, and you have this work in your book
- Data viz + Infographics + Service Design work = all nice to have, as well
- Have startup or in-house experience, preferably – but they’re open to hungry agency-side folks who wear a lot of hats
- Thrive in taking ownership and helping to drive things forward – you don’t wait around to be told what to do
- Yearn to contribute to creating an awesome design culture, and invest in making it grow and succeed
- Are unafraid of a steep learning curve to learn ALL the nitty-gritty in the industry, and parlay that knowledge into amazing design
- Have experience collaborating with Product Managers, Dev teams, and other designers to push design forward and launch/iterate in a thoughtful way, with excellent attention to design detail
- If you do any sort of marketing-geared design, too, that’s a plus, but not required
Email me your resume, portfolio and salary range to:
joanne (at) joanneweavergroup (dot) com
Receive up to $500 if we place your referral in the role longterm – many thanks, from us at JWG, and we appreciate your active involvement and help in the greater NYC design community.