Viacom Media Networks
Freelance, VR/AR Developer
DEPT: MTS Architecture
REPORTS TO: Chief Technology Convergence Officer
Here at Viacom, our team mission is to explore what entertainment looks like in the future. We are focused on creating games and experiences using augmented and virtual reality technology. Our most recent works include an interactive VR music experience with the Smashing Pumpkin’s Billy Corgan and an AR sandbox experience for Paramount’s latest Transformers film.
On this team, you will be a part of prototyping and developing our next generation of experiences. You will be using your skills in Unity to help the team design, develop, and explore new technology with a heavy focus on AR/VR.
II) DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Product development, design, and software prototyping to demonstrate how emerging technologies can be leveraged by Viacom brands.
- Build AR/VR experiences in Unity/C#.
- Work closely with the team and with external stakeholders to design and create new and exciting experiences.
- Select appropriate technologies and Implement networking to support multi-user experiences.
- Work in an Agile process to produce code that is structured and well documented.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience. Fluent in C#.
- 3D math skills.
- Experience with Unity and Apple ARKit.
- Experience with networking and multiplayer systems in client server environments.
- Team player with a positive, enthusiastic attitude.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with mobile development in Android, iOS, or other mobile environments.
- Experience using ARCore in Unity.
- Experience with game design.
- Experience in graphics software using GLSL/HLSL.
To apply, please send a resume and portfolio link to Justin Hendrix at justin.hendrix@nycmedialab.