Senior Firmware Engineer
BioLite is looking for a senior firmware engineer to join us in developing our next generation of clean energy solutions for both outdoor recreation and emerging markets. In this position you’ll write robust, highly reliable firmware for a range of exciting new products with potential for massive global health and environmental impacts. You’ll also work on challenging data analysis, research and product development questions.
LOCATION: Brooklyn, NY
COMPENSATION: Salary is competitive with other growth-stage companies, including benefits, bonus plan, and equity stock options
- Product and Manufacturing Test Firmware development for new energy-related products; will include firmware architecture design, code development, documentation, rigorous testing, and manufacturing support.
- Data analysis, scripting and research support for internal technology development, product development and manufacturing; will include test automation, data gathering and analysis, presentation of results, and support of other team members in this process.
- Development of internal systems and processes for project management and operations; will include quality assurance tools and processes, revision control and tracking, build and release control, etc.
The ideal candidate for this position:
- has 5-8 years of firmware development experience,
- has 2-3 years of manufacturing test development experience,
- has shipped at least two high volume consumer hardware products,
- has experience with scripting and data analysis,
- is comfortable in a fast-paced, agile work environment and excited to tackle new challenges,
- can work independently and take initiative while remaining a productive part of an interdisciplinary and collaborative product-development team.
- extensive experience with C and compilers for embedded microcontrollers/DSPs
- experience with general-purpose scripting, preferably Python
- experience with troubleshooting tools (oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, JTAG, etc.)
- hardware experience preferred, e.g. basic circuit design, familiarity with power electronics, control systems, etc.
- experience with data analysis in MATLAB, R, or similar with some statistics
- enthusiasm for new technology, a passion for collaboration and a sense of humor!
The Company BioLite is a for-profit social enterprise that develops, manufactures and markets distributed energy solutions for off-grid communities around the world. Our business serves two distinct markets: developing-world families living in energy poverty, and outdoor enthusiasts seeking fuel-independent cooking and electricity.
This is a unique opportunity to join a growth-stage, unique company with both a technical and creative environment in the heart of Brooklyn. If you are looking to work with an agile and ambitious product development team with a passion for the outdoors and a powerful social mission, we’re your company. As an engineer at BioLite you’ll solve challenging and interesting problems, work with an exceptional team, take ideas from concept through to large-scale production, and make a real, positive impact on things that matter.
Please submit your resume, cover letter and portfolio to: https://app.builtforteams.com/biolite-inc/jobs/ed140bcd
BioLite is not accepting candidates via recruiters for this position.