BioLite is looking for a software engineer to join us in developing our next generation of clean energy solutions for both outdoor recreation and emerging markets. In this position you’ll build applications, APIs, tools and systems with the potential for massive global health and environmental impacts. You’ll also work on challenging data analysis, research and product development questions.
LOCATION: Brooklyn, NY
COMPENSATION: Salary is competitive with other growth-stage companies, including benefits, bonus plan, and equity stock options
- Development of pay-as-you-go APIs to enable new financing and distribution models for emerging-market consumer energy products; includes system design, development, documentation, maintenance, testing and support.
- Development of field and production support tools including field-deployed mobile apps, factory-deployed calibration/test systems, operations tools, and associated back-ends, interfaces, dashboards, etc.
- Data science, modeling and analysis to support product usage and performance tracking, new product development, research, etc.
The ideal candidate for this position:
- has 2-5 years of applicable software development experience,
- is excited to learn new technical skills, frameworks, languages and problem domains,
- is excited to own projects from planning through deployment and beyond,
- is comfortable contributing to multiple simultaneous projects in a fast-paced work environment,
- can work independently and take initiative while remaining a productive part of an interdisciplinary and collaborative product-development team.
- expertise in Python required, with Java, Scala, Kotlin or other JVM language desired
- experience with database development (SQL required, plus at least one no-SQL desired)
- experience designing and implementing REST APIs desired
- experience with Android development desired
- experience with AWS or other platform-as-a-service provider desired
- experience developing for embedded linux platforms desired
- experience with software-development operations desired (e.g. revision control, release and deployment, infrastructure management, etc.)
- exposure to firmware development in C desired
- exposure to data analysis using Python or R desired
- enthusiasm for new technology, a passion for collaboration and a sense of humor!
The Company BioLite is a for-profit social enterprise that develops, manufactures and markets distributed energy solutions for off-grid communities around the world. Our business serves two distinct markets: developing-world families living in energy poverty, and outdoor enthusiasts seeking fuel-independent cooking and electricity.
This is a unique opportunity to join a growth-stage, unique company with both a technical and creative environment in the heart of Brooklyn. If you are looking to work with an agile and ambitious product development team with a passion for the outdoors and a powerful social mission, we’re your company.
As an engineer at BioLite you’ll solve challenging and interesting problems, work with an exceptional team, take ideas from concept through to large-scale deployment, and make a real, positive impact on things that matter.
Please submit your resume, cover letter and portfolio to:
BioLite is not accepting candidates via recruiters for this position.