VR/AR Production Intern at New Reality Company
New Reality Co., the interactive studio behind the critically-acclaimed virtual reality experiences “Giant” and” Tree”, is searching for a highly-organized, motivated and enthusiastic full time VR/AR Production Intern. She or he will have the opportunity to be part of a team at the cutting-edge of interactive content. New Reality Co. has shown in over 100 festivals around the world including, Sundance, Cannes, Tribeca, TED and World Economic Forum, having produced award-winning immersive experiences, made possible through collaborations with many notable names in art, technology, film and new media.
Based in New York (R/GA) and Los Angeles (Technicolor Experience Center), the NRC team has created influential, award-winning content in the cinematic VR world for their blend of multisensory VR with the goal of social and environmental impact. The selected candidate will assist the and have access to unreleased and beta hardware/software as well as VR/AR events showcasing new content.
The Intern must:
- Be a student and eligible to receive school credit
- Possess excellent organizational skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Be proficient in Excel, accounting software, and Adobe suite
- Have very good interpersonal skills
- Pay high attention to detail
- Be a team player
- Have the ability to absorb new information quickly and adapt easily to new tasks
- Enjoy making Spotify playlists….in actual reality
The Intern Will:
- Assist the producer and studio manager with their projects (including distribution and festival tours of VR project “Tree”)
- Facilitate research and development on new AR and VR projects
- Show VR project to potential clients and partners
- Research and Analysis: The intern will gain knowledge of the AR/VR industry from the perspective of an award-winning VR/AR content studio
- Communication & Teamwork: The intern will learn how a small studio operates in this climate
- Technical Skills & Organization: The intern will acquire practical skills as well as an understanding of the structure that produces and markets successful of AR/VR projects
- This position is a great stepping stone for students who are on the road to become a producer and/or content creator
- The intern will also have the opportunity to watch new, exciting and different AR/VR experiences
If interested, please send a resume, cover letter, and availability during the work week to email@example.com with subject line: VR/AR Production Intern.
VR/AR Technology Intern at New Reality Company
New Reality Co., the creative studio behind the critically-acclaimed virtual reality experiences Giant and Tree, is searching for a highly-organized, motivated and enthusiastic Technology Intern for the Fall/Winter. Using the latest and greatest tools in VR and AR, she or he will have the opportunity to take part in a high-profile team at the cutting-edge of interactive content and will work closely with many of the biggest names in art, technology, film and new media today.
Partially based in New York, partially based in Los Angeles, New Reality Co. has carved out a major footprint in the VR world with their blend of multisensory VR and social and environmental good. The Technology Intern will play a role in shaping the landscape of VR and AR through the production of installation-based experiential VR and AR, working alongside company co-founders and industry veterans Winslow Porter and Milica Zec.
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken), attention to detail, and ability to collaborate closely with peers
- Thorough understanding of game engines (Unreal Engine and Unity)
- Comfortable with both AR and VR through a variety of tethered and untethered headsets
- Familiar with production pipelines involving Maya, C4D, Houdini, and different render engines
- Solid understanding of version control (Perforce)
- Thorough understanding of Google Suite as well as Excel and Slack
- Extremely organized and punctual
- Added plus: Comfortable in C++ and possibly C#
- Added plus: Experience in a multimedia production role
- Added plus: Experience with inverse kinematic solving both through inertial based systems and mocap
If interested, please send a resume, cover letter, and availability during the workweek to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: VR/AR Technology Intern.