we are currently hiring part time teachers. Most of the teaching is done remotely, however every teacher must be fingerprinted in person by the DOE, so this will not work for people who cannot come to NYC to get fingerprinted. If in any of your circles of friends and colleagues you could post this, we’d be very grateful.
Part-Time Multimedia & Stem Teaching Artist
Want to get paid to learn lego robotics?
Vision Education & Media dba Robofun provides exciting, hands-on after school programs using
emerging technologies for PK-12th grade youth. We ignite kids’ passion to explore and solve problems
as they learn to invent, build, code, and troubleshoot. We believe learning should be fun!
Robofun seeks people with an interest in tech to guide our students as they grow into innovative
critical thinkers. As a Robofun teacher, you will support kids as they design, code, create, and
troubleshoot lego robots, video games, and animations. We encourage you to supplement our
comprehensive project-based curriculum with creative activities of your own. You will lead small after
school clubs of 12 students or fewer on adventures they will never forget! We also have opportunities
to teach on weekends and during the academic day for our strongest instructors.
• Teach 2+ after school classes a week in Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, or Staten Island
in person or remotely
• Help students develop and code cool projects including robots and video games
• Master our curriculum and technologies through paid trainings and independent study
• Maintain regular communication with managers
• Supplement our curriculum with your own creative ideas
• Teaching experience either in a traditional school environment or within non-traditional learning
environments like coaching or camp counseling
• Committing to teaching a minimum of 2 after school clubs a week for the semester
• Proficiency with computer software, a love of tinkering, and a desire to learn new technology
• Enthusiasm about working with diverse groups of NYC students
• Able to fulfil compliance requirements including a background check by the NYC Department of
• For online classes, we pay $25/hour plus a 15 minute paid prep period
• For in person classes, pay is commensurate with experience
• Our clubs are limited to 12 students or less so you can foster real learning and success
• You will receive paid training on how to teach emerging technologies
• Our enthusiastic, knowledgeable staff are here to support you
• We do our best ot match you with age levels, locations, and clubs that best suit you
• You will become part of a collaborative culture of creative master teachers
• You will laugh and learn a lot while instilling a love of problem solving in your students
Qualified candidates should email a resume and cover letter to careers with Part
Time Teacher in the subject line. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.